Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Bluebird Diaries - Chapter 4

I'm still here.

Like I told you before, the waiting is the hardest part. At least the air is cooler. I can handle temps in the 80's, but any hotter, and I'm dying in here.

Sometimes I get bored.

Other times I daydream.

Quite often, I watch the activity that goes on in our yard and the yard next door.

I watch the landlord refilling the bird feeders and bird baths. Most times her 4-legged barking machines accompany her and pee in the bushes next to our condo. What is it with that? One pees and the other comes along right behind it, and pees in the same place!

Most afternoons, there are lots of boys throwing a ball into a basket in the driveway next door. Sometimes they stop doing that and start chasing each other through their yard, our yard, the yard on the other side, or even the yards across the street. Looks like they're having such fun!

And here are my babies. Bluer than ever and so, so cute! On the left there is Elijah Blue, at the top is Blue Jean, to the right is Jackie Blue, and at the bottom is Blue Velvet.

Aren't they precious?

I figure I have about a week more to go before one of them starts to peck out of its shell.

Stay tuned!

Next: Hatchlings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawson,

I love the beautiful blue eggs. You are so creative to give them names. I am enjoying all the pictures and stories.

Those bluebirds are gorgeous and very lucky to have found a great place to raise a family

windsong

Anonymous said...

I just love the bird commentary. You can tell you have a very creative imagination. You could write children's books with this material.
~JFB